Why creative solopreneurs should care about marketing


As a columnist for Bella Crafts magazine last year, I wrote about our creative space - organizing tips, motivational prompts and storage ideas.

This year, I'm writing about marketing for creative solopreneurs. Here's an excerpt from my current column:

Creative solopreneurs are those of us who have taken (or are considering taking) our beloved craft hobbies to the next level. I will attempt to provide insights and answers to that proverbial question - can we quit the day job and make money doing what we love the most?
A few years ago, I took the plunge myself...and lived to tell about it. As a designer in the craft industry, I’ve made a nice transition from hobby to job. And as a marketing consultant, I enjoy helping solopreneurs in many different industries to take their self-promotion more seriously.
So let’s talk a bit about marketing and why creative solopreneurs should care about it. First of all, you must think of yourself as a small business from the get-go. Marketing strategies are, at their core, the same for any size business, whether you run a global company with thousands of employees or you run a dining room table operation with thousands of buttons. It’s just a matter of being realistic about your goals and resources.

Click here to download your free copy of the Spring 2016 issue of Bella Crafts and read the rest of my column. You'll enjoy several other columnists and plenty of inspiring craft project tutorials, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comments are welcome!